Similar Color Selection Tool¶
This tool, represented by a dropper over an area with a dashed border, allows you to make Selections by selecting a point of color. It will select any areas of a similar color to the one you selected. You can adjust the “fuzziness” of the tool in the tool options dock. A lower number will select colors closer to the color that you chose in the first place.
Hotkeys and Sticky keys¶
- R sets the selection to ‘replace’ in the tool options, this is the default mode.
- A sets the selection to ‘add’ in the tool options.
- S sets the selection to ‘subtract’ in the tool options.
- Shift + sets the subsequent selection to ‘add’. You can release the Shift key while dragging, but it will still be set to ‘add’. Same for the others.
- Alt + sets the subsequent selection to ‘subtract’.
- Ctrl + sets the subsequent selection to ‘replace’.
- Shift + Alt + sets the subsequent selection to ‘intersect’.
You can switch the behaviour of the Alt key to use Ctrl instead by toggling the switch in the General Settings
- This controls whether or not the contiguous selection sees another color as a border.