Krita has one of the most powerful and capable Fill functions available. The options found in the Tool Options docker and outlined below will give you a great deal of flexibility working with layers and selections.
To get started, clicking anywhere on screen with the fill-tool will allow that area to be filed with the foreground color.
- Fast Mode
- This is a special mode for really fast filling. However, many functions don’t work with this mode.
- Determines when the fill-tool sees another color as a border.
- Grow Selection
- This value extends the shape beyond it’s initial size.
- Feathering Radius
- This value will add a soft border to the filled-shape.
- Fill Entire Selection
- Activating this will result in the shape filling the whole of the active selection, regardless of threshold.
- Limit to current layer
- Activating this will prevent the fill tool from taking other layers into account.
- Use Pattern
- Ticking this will result in the active pattern being used.