The Calligraphy tool allows for variable width lines, with input managed by the tablet. Press down with the stylus/left mouse button on the canvas to make a line, lifting the stylus/mouse button ends the stroke.
Doesn’t actually do anything.
The dropdown menu holds your saved presets, the save button next to it allows you to save presets.
- Follow Selected Path
- If a stroke has been selected with the [[Special:myLanguage/Krita/Manual/Tools/Default | default tool]], the calligraphy tool will follow this path.
- Use Tablet Pressure
- Uses tablet pressure to control the stroke width.
- This allows you to set how much thinner a line becomes when speeding up the stroke. Using a negative value makes it thicker.
- Base width for the stroke.
- Use Tablet Angle
- Allows you to use the tablet angle to control the stroke, only works for tablets supporting it.
- The angle of the dab.
- The ratio of the dab. 1 is thin, 0 is round.
- Whether or not an stroke will end with a rounding or flat.
- How much weight the stroke has. With drag set to 0, high mass increase the ‘orbit’.
- How much the stroke follows the cursor, when set to 0 the stroke will orbit around the cursor path.
The calligraphy tool can be edited by the edit-line tool, but currently you can’t add or remove nodes without converting it to a normal path.