Pattern Editing Tool¶
Deprecated since version 4.0: The pattern editing tool has been removed in 4.0, currently there’s no way to edit pattern fills for vectors
The Pattern editing tool works on Vector Shapes that use a Pattern fill. On these shapes, The Pattern Editing Tool allows you to change the size, ratio and origin of a pattern.
You can change the origin by click dragging the upper node, this is only possible in Tiled mode.
You can change the size and ratio by click-dragging the lower node. There’s no way to constrain the ratio in on-canvas editing, this is only possible in Original and Tiled mode.
There’s several tool options with this tool, for fine-tuning:
First there’s the Pattern options.
This can be set to
- This will only show one, unstretched, copy of the pattern.
- This will let the pattern appear tiled in the x and y direction.
- This will stretch the Pattern image to the shape.
- Reference point:
pattern origin. This can be set to
- Reference Point Offset:
For extra tweaking, set in percentages.
- offset in the X coordinate, so horizontally.
- offset in the Y coordinate, so vertically.
- Tile Offset:
- The tile offset if the pattern is tiled.
- Pattern Size:
Fine Tune the resizing of the pattern.
- The width, in pixels.
- The height, in pixels.
And then there’s Patterns, which is a mini pattern docker, and where you can pick the pattern used for the fill.